Careers at CSArch
We work in an open, team-centric office with graduate and seasoned employees who are motivated and challenged every day. To work here is to be part of a talented and sociable group of architects and engineers who value personal and professional development.
- Design Architect (Albany, New York Office)
- Senior Project Architect (Newburgh, New York Office)
- Architectural Building Designer (Entry Level to 5 Years Experience)
- Interior Designer 1
- Construction Site Representative Summer Intern (Johnstown, New York)
Employee benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401K profit sharing plan
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan
- Group health insurance, 85% firm-paid for employee
- Group life insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) within the first year
- Downtown Albany location with paid employee parking
- Collaborative open-office environment with sit-stand work stations
- Leadership development sponsorship via Leadership Tech Valley and the Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce Leadership Institute
- Paid continuing education and conference attendance
- Health and wellness subsidy for gym/fitness membership
- Dry-cleaning service, office pick-up and delivery
- Relocation assistance available
- Opportunities for community volunteer activities
- Opportunity to be an integral part of a dynamic, highly successful and growing organization
If you are interested in employment with CSArch, please submit a cover letter, resume, work samples and your salary requirements to email@example.com, or mail your application to:
Alexis Teixeira, Human Resources Manager
CSArch Architecture | Engineering | Construction Management
40 Beaver Street, Albany, New York 12207
CSArch is currently seeking a design architect with a minimum of 8 years of experience to join its team in our Albany office. Rooted in education design, CSArch provides a collaborative environment which supports innovation and creativity, allowing each team member to contribute to the design process. We are committed to professional development and continual advancement and firmly believe that there is opportunity for anyone with talent, initiative and foresight to reach any level in our organization.
With opportunities to work on teaching and learning environments for great clients, preference may be given to a candidate with strong K-12 and higher education experience who exhibits a true passion for education architecture and understands that the work we do has a tremendous effect on staff and client satisfaction, student outcome, and the community at large. Under the direction of the Project Design Leader, this position performs a variety of duties associated with education design projects to achieve client satisfaction and business goals, including knowledge-based experience and pedagogy trends.
The candidate must contribute to retaining and growing existing clients and may engage in developing and marketing new clients. Duties and responsibilities include design, production and presentation, planning, organizing and coordination with engineers, designers, and architectural staff associated with the team’s goals and objectives.
Candidates having the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or a Master of Architecture degree
- At least 8 years of experience in K-12 and higher education facility design
- Computer expertise using Revit and other design/presentation software programs
- Strong design and graphic skills
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
Other position qualifications include:
- Knowledge of pre-referendum planning, space programming, contract documents (including detailing, specifications, production management, design production), and construction administration.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate with consultants, collaborate on multiple teams and work well under deadlines
- Exercise independent judgments when setting task priorities, evaluating results and coordinating with others.
- Professional Registration
Senior Project Architect
CSArch is currently seeking a Senior Project Architect to join our Newburgh office. This employee will be primarily responsible for the technical and production aspects for all project sizes, including projects of the highest complexity, from conceptual design through construction closeout, and may also have design responsibilities.
Principal duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads in-house design team through development of design and construction documentation process. Likely responsible for multiple projects at one time based on project size. Could also provide support on larger project teams.
- Develops and coordinates with consultants to produce construction documents.
- Oversees code compliance with applicable codes, standards and guidelines. Informs, directs and trains project architects with less experience and interns relative to these.
- Develops and coordinates technical specifications. Coordinates with Project Manager, Construction Manager, Client, and/or government agency relative to front end specification documents.
- Leads development of, then adheres to and implements, corporate contract documentation procedures and standards as they best apply.
- Responsible for all aspects of construction administration including but not limited to shop drawing/submittal review and coordination, attending project meetings, periodic monitoring of construction sites, interfacing with contractors and clients.
- Supports project management with development of staffing, fee, budget estimating and project scheduling.
- Assures that Quality Control procedures are being met at all levels
- Will supervise technical project staff of various sizes and skill levels.
- Licensed professional
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or a Master of Architecture Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a licensed architect
- Excellent communication skills; detail oriented; highly organized; self-motivated; able to exercise independent judgment, multi-task, delegate, plan, set goals, meet critical deadlines, be accurate, work under pressure; conflict resolution/negotiation skills; team building and leadership skills; computer skills: Proficient in basics Revit and Autocad; MS Office proficient; use of Adobe products; Expedition; Submittal Exchange
- 40+ hours M-F; overtime as necessary to meet deadlines, travel, driving, night meetings, occasional lifting/carrying up to 40 lbs. Site observations may involve outdoor weather, year round, moving mechanical equipment, climbing ladders/scaffolding and observing high area construction activities. Noise level is often loud. Background check may be required. Requires use of hardhat, construction boots, and other safety equipment as required on a construction site.
Architectural Building Designer
(Entry Level to 5 Years Experience)
We are seeking qualified Architectural Designers to work with project teams in multiple markets with exceptional clients. CSArch hires exceptional people, individuals who are passionate about design and thrive on being challenged. Our teams are fully integrated with architectural and engineering staff working side by side. In this dynamic environment, you will be actively involved with developing projects from conception to completion. If you are looking for an employer that provides the opportunity for growth, and are interested in working in a collaborative environment along talented staff, apply now to join our team!
- Energetic and eager to join a collaborative team.
- Desire to learn, grow and continue to gain knowledge.
- Detail oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional graphic presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects.
- Accredited B.Arch or M.Arch degree with AutoCAD and Revit training.
- 0-5 years of experience, license-tracked preferred with IDP in process or complete.
- Proficient computer skills with experience in REVIT. AutoCAD, 3-D Modeling and Adobe Suite a plus.
Interior Designer 1
The Interior Designer I is responsible for assisting senior designers with the development of design solutions, researching and selecting colors/finishes/materials, performing site surveys and maintaining resource materials. This person is on the path toward completing NCIDQ certification.
Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research interior products, selects colors/finishes/materials/ and applies established interior design standards under the direction of the Senior Interior Designer
- Assists senior-level designers in developing design solutions for review and performs routine checking and/or verification tasks
- Supports business development activities through assistance with aids such as finish boards or PowerPoint presentations
- Assists architectural staff with client contact and interactions to properly program and select interiors products
- Performs site surveys and documentation to establish existing equipment schedules under the direction of the Senior Interior Designer
- Maintains interior design library and serves as a point-of-contact for interior product vendors
- Uses AutoCad/Revit, 3D software to produce interior finish drawings to be included in bid documents
- Assists with the preparation of interior design specifications, calculations, and industry standards
Education Requirements: Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in Interior Design
Experience: 1-3 years preferred. Recent college graduate should have the ability to carry out job responsibilities with close guidance
Skills/Abilities: Excellent communication skills; detail oriented; highly organized; self-motivated; accurate; works well under pressure; able to follow directions and ask questions.
Computer Skills: AutoCad/Revit, 3-D software.
Construction Site Representative
CSArch is seeking a summer intern to serve as a Construction Site Representative at a project site in Johnstown, New York. The representative is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day coordination, oversight and administration of the project during the construction phase and represents the owner’s interests on a daily basis. This person has the ability to work on projects of all sizes and complexity and may oversee smaller, less complex projects at their own direction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assists with managing the overall coordination, sequence of work activities and progress of contractor(s), with regards to the plans and specifications of the project.
- Assists with contract administration functions including communicating with clients, agencies, contractors, and staff. Serves as client, contractor, and Construction Project Manager liaison.
- Proactive in identifying issues in the contract documents and actively works to resolve conflicts in an expedient and fiscally responsible fashion. Demonstrates familiarity with various common project site conditions, problems encountered and proper procedures for rectification.
- In some instances, is involved in the quality control review of document sets for various construction projects as well as assigned projects prior to bidding the work.
- Observes work in progress to ensure conformance with documents and examines workmanship of finished installations for conformity. Brings deficiencies to the attention of the Project Architect/Construction Project Manager.
- Generate Daily Observation reports noting construction activities, Special Inspections & Testing, visitors to the site, weather conditions, material deliveries, labor forces, etc.
- Hosts and ensures continuous updating of as-built Record Documents, including “posting” of all RFI’s, supplemental sketches or directives, changes, installations that deviate from the original drawing details, etc. that form a complete comprehensive record of the project.
- Assists with regular on-site project meetings with the Project Team, including all prime contractors, consultants and owners, and prepares a written record of the meeting. In some cases, this person will chair these meetings.
License Requirements: Professional license not required but is a plus.
Education Requirements: Minimum High School diploma, advanced degree in Construction Management preferred.
Experience: Minimum three (3) years of progressively complex construction experience.
Skills/Abilities: Excellent communication skills; detail oriented; highly organized; self-motivated; accurate; works well under pressure; able to follow directions and ask questions. Computer skills: Primavera Contract Manager, MS Office Suite, Submittal Exchange a plus
Work Conditions: Frequently works in outdoor weather. Works around moving mechanical equipment and required to climb ladders/scaffolding and observe high area construction activities. Noise level is often loud. 40+ hours Monday-Friday, overtime as necessary to meet deadlines, moderate travel, driving, night meetings, occasional lifting/carrying up to 40 lbs. Background check may be required. OSHA 10 certification and re-certification is expected. Requires use of hardhat, appropriate protective shoes, and possibly other safety equipment as required on a construction site.
EOE. No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
CSArch does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of CSArch about these openings. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at CSArch via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property CSArch; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CSArch as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.