Careers at CSArch
We work in an open, team-centric office with graduate and seasoned employees who are motivated and challenged every day. To work here is to be part of a talented and sociable group of architects and engineers who value personal and professional development.
Employee benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401K profit sharing plan
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan
- Group health insurance, 85% firm-paid for employee
- Group life insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) within the first year
- Downtown Albany location with paid employee parking
- Collaborative open-office environment with sit-stand work stations
- Leadership development sponsorship via Leadership Tech Valley and the Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce Leadership Institute
- Paid continuing education and conference attendance
- Health and wellness subsidy for gym/fitness membership
- Dry-cleaning service, office pick-up and delivery
- Relocation assistance available
- Opportunities for community volunteer activities
- Opportunity to be an integral part of a dynamic, highly successful and growing organization
If you are interested in employment with CSArch, please submit a cover letter, resume, work samples and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail your application to:
Alexis Teixeira, Human Resources Manager
CSArch Architecture | Engineering | Construction Management
40 Beaver Street, Albany, New York 12207
Senior Project Manager
CSArch is seeking to hire a Senior Project Manager/Project Architect with 10-15 years of experience who will join our firm’s higher education team. With high standards for design excellence, the ideal candidate is technically proficient, has excellent organization and communication skills, and has experience in successfully translating a project’s original design intent into construction documents. This individual will manage all phases of one or more projects and will direct employees and consultants to ensure the project team takes the proper steps and procedures to complete the work as planned, budgeted, scheduled, and in conformance with the intended design.
- Plans, organizes, and manages the work of the project team
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the project leadership team (i.e. Project Designer, Project Architect, Engagement Manager, and Principal in Charge).
- Manages the work of other professional architects
- Provides technical advice and solves complex issues
- Provides on-going communication through team meetings, minutes, and update memos
- Initiates and maintains contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination, and negotiation of critical issues
- Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure project details are carried out, including technical issues and project information.
- Manages project team for overall adherence to design intent and follow through.
- Reviews documents for adherence to building and ADA codes
- Exercises authority over day-to-day activity of assigned projects
- Ensures that production of construction documents are in concert with design of a project
- Responsible for managing project budget, work plans, consultants and schedule
- Develops detailed project schedule and communicate key deliverable dates to project team
- Tracks fees and labor costs for conformance to contract
- Responsible for developing project financial plans and tracking the financial success of projects making adjustments as required to maintain probability.
- Ensures project documentation complies with client contracts
- Incorporates integrated sustainable design solutions into projects
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships throughout project.
- Keeps client apprised of project progress on regular basis
- Identifies new business opportunities while developing current client relationships
- Participates in selected marketing and business development opportunities
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in architectural practice with prior management experience in all phases of projects through post-occupancy preferred.
- Experience with New York State College and University projects a plus.
- Registered NYS Architect with current license required.
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- General working Knowledge of Revit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Deltek IAccess software.
- Proficiency in Newforma (preferred)
CSArch is currently seeking a design architect with a minimum of 8 years of experience to join its team in the Albany office or Greater New York City area. Rooted in education design, CSArch provides a collaborative environment which supports innovation and creativity, allowing each team member to contribute to the design process. We are committed to professional development and continual advancement and firmly believe that there is opportunity for anyone with talent, initiative and foresight to reach any level in our organization.
With opportunities to work on teaching and learning environments for great clients, preference may be given to a candidate with strong K-12 and higher education experience who exhibits a true passion for education architecture and understands that the work we do has a tremendous effect on staff and client satisfaction, student outcome, and the community at large. Under the direction of the Project Design Leader, this position performs a variety of duties associated with education design projects to achieve client satisfaction and business goals, including knowledge-based experience and pedagogy trends.
The candidate must contribute to retaining and growing existing clients and may engage in developing and marketing new clients. Duties and responsibilities include design, production and presentation, planning, organizing and coordination with engineers, designers, and architectural staff associated with the team’s goals and objectives.
Candidates having the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or a Master of Architecture degree
- At least 8 years of experience in K-12 and higher education facility design
- Computer expertise using Revit and other design/presentation software programs
- Strong design and graphic skills
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
Other position qualifications include:
- Knowledge of pre-referendum planning, space programming, contract documents (including detailing, specifications, production management, design production), and construction administration.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate with consultants, collaborate on multiple teams and work well under deadlines
- Exercise independent judgments when setting task priorities, evaluating results and coordinating with others.
- Professional Registration
Senior Project Architect
CSArch is currently seeking a Senior Project Architect in Newburgh or Greater New York City Area. This employee will be primarily responsible for the technical and production aspects for all project sizes, including projects of the highest complexity, from conceptual design through construction closeout, and may also have design responsibilities.
Principal duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads in-house design team through development of design and construction documentation process. Likely responsible for multiple projects at one time based on project size. Could also provide support on larger project teams.
- Develops and coordinates with consultants to produce construction documents.
- Oversees code compliance with applicable codes, standards and guidelines. Informs, directs and trains project architects with less experience and interns relative to these.
- Develops and coordinates technical specifications. Coordinates with Project Manager, Construction Manager, Client, and/or government agency relative to front end specification documents.
- Leads development of, then adheres to and implements, corporate contract documentation procedures and standards as they best apply.
- Responsible for all aspects of construction administration including but not limited to shop drawing/submittal review and coordination, attending project meetings, periodic monitoring of construction sites, interfacing with contractors and clients.
- Supports project management with development of staffing, fee, budget estimating and project scheduling.
- Assures that Quality Control procedures are being met at all levels
- Will supervise technical project staff of various sizes and skill levels.
- Licensed professional
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or a Master of Architecture Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a licensed architect
- Excellent communication skills; detail oriented; highly organized; self-motivated; able to exercise independent judgment, multi-task, delegate, plan, set goals, meet critical deadlines, be accurate, work under pressure; conflict resolution/negotiation skills; team building and leadership skills; computer skills: Proficient in basics Revit and Autocad; MS Office proficient; use of Adobe products; Expedition; Submittal Exchange
- 40+ hours M-F; overtime as necessary to meet deadlines, travel, driving, night meetings, occasional lifting/carrying up to 40 lbs. Site observations may involve outdoor weather, year round, moving mechanical equipment, climbing ladders/scaffolding and observing high area construction activities. Noise level is often loud. Background check may be required. Requires use of hardhat, construction boots, and other safety equipment as required on a construction site.
EOE. No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
CSArch does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of CSArch about these openings. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at CSArch via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property CSArch; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CSArch as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.