Careers at CSArch
We work in an open, team-centric office with graduate and seasoned employees who are motivated and challenged every day. To work here is to be part of a talented and sociable group of architects and engineers who value personal and professional development. CSArch has been named by the Albany Business Review as one of the Best Places to Work in 2017.
Senior Project Architect
Principal duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads in-house design team through development of design and construction documentation process. Likely responsible for multiple projects at one time based on project size. Could also provide support on larger project teams.
- Develops and coordinates with consultants to produce construction documents.
- Oversees code compliance with applicable codes, standards and guidelines. Informs, directs and trains project architects with less experience and interns relative to these.
- Develops and coordinates technical specifications. Coordinates with Project Manager, Construction Manager, Client, and/or government agency relative to front end specification documents.
- Leads development of, then adheres to and implements, corporate contract documentation procedures and standards as they best apply.
- Responsible for all aspects of construction administration including but not limited to shop drawing/submittal review and coordination, attending project meetings, periodic monitoring of construction sites, interfacing with contractors and clients.
- Supports project management with development of staffing, fee, budget estimating and project scheduling.
- Assures that Quality Control procedures are being met at all levels
- Will supervise technical project staff of various sizes and skill levels.
- Licensed professional
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or a Master of Architecture Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a licensed architect
- Excellent communication skills; detail oriented; highly organized; self-motivated; able to exercise independent judgment, multi-task, delegate, plan, set goals, meet critical deadlines, be accurate, work under pressure; conflict resolution/negotiation skills; team building and leadership skills; computer skills: Proficient in basics Revit and Autocad; MS Office proficient; use of Adobe products; Expedition; Submittal Exchange
- 40+ hours M-F; overtime as necessary to meet deadlines, travel, driving, night meetings, occasional lifting/carrying up to 40 lbs. Site observations may involve outdoor weather, year round, moving mechanical equipment, climbing ladders/scaffolding and observing high area construction activities. Noise level is often loud. Background check may be required. Requires use of hardhat, construction boots, and other safety equipment as required on a construction site.
With opportunities to work on teaching and learning environments for great clients, preference may be given to a candidate with strong K-12 and higher education experience who exhibits a true passion for education architecture and understands that the work we do has a tremendous effect on staff and client satisfaction, student outcome, and the community at large. Under the direction of the Project Design Leader, this position performs a variety of duties associated with education design projects to achieve client satisfaction and business goals, including knowledge-based experience and pedagogy trends.
The candidate must contribute to retaining and growing existing clients and may engage in developing and marketing new clients. Duties and responsibilities include design, production and presentation, planning, organizing and coordination with engineers, designers, and architectural staff associated with the team’s goals and objectives.
Candidates having the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or a Master of Architecture degree
- At least 8 years of experience in K-12 and higher education facility design
- Computer expertise using Revit and other design/presentation software programs
- Strong design and graphic skills
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
Other position qualifications include:
- Knowledge of pre-referendum planning, space programming, contract documents (including detailing, specifications, production management, design production), and construction administration.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate with consultants, collaborate on multiple teams and work well under deadlines
- Exercise independent judgments when setting task priorities, evaluating results and coordinating with others.
- Professional Registration
Join Our Team
Employee benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401K profit sharing plan
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan
- Group health insurance, 85% firm-paid for employee
- Group life insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) within the first year
- Downtown Albany location with paid employee parking
- Collaborative open-office environment with sit-stand work stations
- Leadership development sponsorship via Leadership Tech Valley and the Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce Leadership Institute
- Paid continuing education and conference attendance
- Health and wellness subsidy for gym/fitness membership
- Dry-cleaning service, office pick-up and delivery
- Relocation assistance available
- Opportunities for community volunteer activities
- Opportunity to be an integral part of a dynamic, highly successful and growing organization
Alexis Teixeira, Human Resources Manager
CSArch Architecture | Engineering | Construction Management
40 Beaver Street, Albany, New York 12207
EOE. No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
CSArch does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of CSArch about these openings. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at CSArch via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property CSArch; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CSArch as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.