Acting on a vision for a catalyzed economy and a united community, this project will transform the original 1912 Albany High School into a state-of-the-art College of Engineering and Applied Sciences for the University at Albany.
To assist students and professors in conducting cutting-edge research, a new computational research laboratory will provide high-powered technology for the analysis of large-scale data sources.
With CSArch as a partner, the university is transforming the original Albany High School, built in 1912, into a state-of-the-art College of Engineering and Applied Sciences. The century-old 160,000 sf space will receive full programming, design, and construction administration services to strengthen the region's only public research university and align its mission with the immediate community that supports it.
With a $60 million budget, the project will expand the size of UAlbany's downtown campus by about 40 percent, allowing for additional classroom, office and research space. Intended primary uses of the building include teaching laboratories, research laboratories, faculty and administrative offices, public outreach programs, and shared resources.
Estimated Completion Date
Academic Classrooms, Research Laboratories, Computer Laboratories, Auditorium Upgrades, Safety and Infrastructure, Faculty and Administrative Offices